The Mental Health Resource guides individuals to the appropriate professionals in the mental health field.
We are committed to serving the communities of Brooklyn, NJ and South Florida in a caring, safe and completely confidential manner.
Our services consist of the following:
- Referrals - We have an extensive list of professionals in the mental health field. They are all interviewed by the MHR team personally. We have connections with professional and mental health facilities. Much thought goes into all referrals to make sure that each clients specific needs are met.
- Crisis Intervention - In collaboration with Chai Lifeline,MHR’s focus on Crisis Intervention is to be prepared to respond in a caring and understanding manner when trauma/tragedy occurs in our community.
- Mental Health Magazine - Our magazine, Emotional Connection, was first introduced in spring 2010. It has grown tremendously. We have put key articles from each issue on this website for you to read. If you havent recieved the magazine and would like to be on our mailing list please call or email email@example.com.
- Mental Health Library - The MHR library was dedicated in memory of Susan Falack a'h in 2010. We feature books on topics of various mental health disorders such as depression, anxiety, OCD, ADHD, eating disorders as well as spirituality and self help. We also have a childrens section. You can dedicate a book in honor or memory of a loved one for $26. Please email Lcohen@sbhonline,org for information.
- Knowledge Network - Education Programs - We offer many lectures on various mental health topics as well as round table book clubs on noted books on mental health. All these are led by professionals in the mental health field.
- Support Groups - Many difficult situation arise in life. Knowing one's not alone can be a source of comfort. Joining a support group can help people get through these difficult times a little easier. Presently we have an ongoing group called Mothers without Mothers, led by one of our professionals. The response has been positive. We would like to offer other groups. Suggestions are welcome.
- Senior Programs - Our seniors are a source of pride to us all. Several times a year we hav a day of recognition with refreshments, entertainment, gifts and more in their honor. The response is overwhelming. Our dedicated volunteers work tirelessly to make sure it's always a success.
All Calls Are Confidential