"I was exposed to the raw edge of life.
The pain of wondering how and when you can go on and sustain yourself and your family. The total fear and humiliation that goes with it - the exhuastion of the circumstance and the pain and agony of the supposed defeat.
But...I was only briefly exposed.
"I was held afloat - not allowed to sink and succumb. I had support - I was literally lifted up - by friends - by community - by an organized network unknown to the outside world - who would not let me go down to that seemingly permanent abyss - it feels undeserved, it feels remarkable, it feel G-D Given - and I imangine it is all theses things and more.
"It is with extreme reverence I have to the people who came out of the shadows - my guardian angels so to speak - actually, I think think they live for theses moments, and for that they are eternally blessed."
- Former Client Services Client
There comes a time in each of our lives when we need some form of support or guidance from another, some type of area of need that we have- whether it be emotional, financial, connection to certain resources, or maybe just some guidance in an unfamiliar area. When that time comes, SBH will be there for you.
The Client Services Division provides families with a supportive team consisting of a professional and trained volunteer(" a captain") who work closely with the family, every step of the way, in helping "bridge" them back to financial and emotional stability.
Some concrete services provided within this division include:
- Budget Counseling & Money Management Enhancement
- Emotional Support
- Empowering Clients to reach their earning potential
- Debt Consolidation
- Obtaining Government Entitlements
- Career Stability and Guidance
- Medical and/or Emotional Stability
- Financial assistance in basic-need areas(food, rent, utilities, etc)
- Connection to and Collaboration with other SBH Divisions(Medstar, Career Services, Volunteer Division, Mental Health, Seniors Division, Food & Clothing Divisions)
The Financial Assistance Program is sponsored by The Hidary Family
The Allocation Committee is sponsored by Ely & Rena Cohen